Saturday, May 12, 2012

~Dusty Attic Rose Tutorial~

Hi All!! I wanted to post a quick tutorial on a cool way to dress up your Dusty Attic chippies and give them even more detail!!  I chose a couple of different rose chippies, but this will work on any chippie design.  I took this photo of my daughter, Rylee.  The majority of the items used on this page were from Scraps of Elegance  kits.
 Here is a close up on the one I am doing the tutorial on.  
 You will need:
1) Your favorite chippie.
2) Sparkle Mod Podge
3) Misting Spray
4) Craft Knife
5) Paint Brush
 I found the easiest way for me was to run my chippie through my Xyron sticker maker, but you can use your favorite adhesive to glue down your chippie.
 Take your craft knife and cut around and inside the chippie, leaving just a smidge of paper still showing along the edges.  The next pic shows how I cut mine out.
 Now spray your chippie.  
 Next saturate your chippie heavily with the Mod Podge.  Make sure you move it to a safe area to dry, so that it doesn't adhere to anything.  I tilted mine up onto something to dry.

The cloud effect was made using cheesecloth and adding the same Sparkle Mod Podge to parts of it
 The wings are rub ons.  I cut thin slits along her arms on each side and placed the rub on through the openings so the wings appeared behind her.
Thanks for stopping by and God Bless!!


4 comments:

  1. Stunning layout, the rose looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful. Thank you for sharing this tutorial with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome tech Mandy!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful page's and fantastic tutorial

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails