Friday, April 22, 2011

~Scraps of Darkness Layout~

Scraps of Darkness has some great challenges going right now and I encourage others to get over there and check them out!  I created this layout with the April Foundations kit that featured Bo Bunny Timepiece papers.  I did a 2fer so I could participate in two challenges with one layout.  The first challenge is the Round Robin and the twist was to use a pic more than 5 years old and create your own flowers.  The second challenge is the Skeletons challenge with a theme of "What defines you as a person."  The cool thing about the Skeletons challenge is it is open to anyone and you don't need to use SOD kit items, but we do ask that you do not promote other kit clubs on the SOD site. 

My layout is titled "Remember This Girl", which simply refers to me as a child.  I did some journaling and rolled it up and stuck it in the bottle, where it will most likely stay unless the bottle is ever broken.  However, I will share it with you here.  "Remember this girl?  She was so young and carefree.  She laughed at everything and had a hard time sitting still.  She hated wearing dresses and thought boys were yucky.  She wanted to be a dancing ballerina, a doctor and a mommy.  She thought cleaning her room was the worst thing in the world.  She felt safe in her mother's arms.  Remember this girl?  She is you."
 You know I really didn't have red hair, but this photo sure says otherwise lol.  I guess it was the lighting.
 Here is a close-up of one of the little flowers I made.  I used a Sizzix 3D flower die for this.  I cut the flower sprayed it with a bit of water and crumpled it up.  After I dried it I rolled it up into the flower.  Makes it comes out looking distressed.
Thanks for stopping by and God Bless!!

6 comments:

  1. Love, Love, Love this l/o!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your journaling is so sweet. I love that memory of you. tfs. Your flowers rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fantastic journalling to remember. I love everything on the page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE this...I'm so inspired to make a 'me' LO now for sure. HAPPY EASTER!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job. Love the autobiographical journaling. Nice distressing too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful job! Your layouts are always beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails