Friday, April 15, 2011

~Scraps of Darkness April Kit - Foundations~

It's time to reveal the new Scraps of Darkness April kit named Foundations.  This kit is packed full of "Wow", "OMGosh", and "Ohh So Pretty." The featured papers in this kit are from the new Bo Bunny Timepiece collection and they are some really gorgeous papers!!  WOW!!  I enjoyed working with this kit so much!!  Check it out!!

Here is the Sketch from the very talented Charlotte aka Suepup.  Her sketches are always fun to work with! 
Here is my take on Charlotte's sketch!  This layout is called Young and Beautiful and it features my oldest daughter, Raine.  I added some of the awesome Dusty cog chippies to this as well, but the rest is all SOD goodies.  Can you believe she is only 17?

Ok I finally used some of those eyelets that I have had sitting in a container for over a year.  I'm glad I broke them out again.
These are some of the flowers in the kit that are made by Graphic 45.  These bend easily and they are so pretty. 
These cogs are all Dusty Attic.  I coated them with some ink and metallic rubs to get this older look.
I scrapped a lot of my daughter, Raine, with this kit, because her photos that she had done work so well with it.  Here is another one of her that I did, which is more of a mixed media look. 
Here is a close up of some of the Petaloo blooms in the kit.  The smaller flowers were from my own stash.


I feel like this pic was made for this door lol.  I cut her out and she fit perfectly. 
The butterflies came from the Tim Holtz sticker booklet that is also in the kit.  It's LOADED full of tons of stickers that are thick and easy to distress.  The thickness makes them work more like a diecut.
This next one is of me.  My daughter, Rylee, took these photos of me and she really did a great job.  I call this one "Journey," because that is what life really is.

 These letters also come with the Tim Holtz booklet of stickers.  Check out this awesome ZVA bling!!


Here is my last one and we are back to Raine again.  I am so amazed with the amount of stuff in this kit and the textures are off the charts!!  I love this pic of her on the stairs.  I call this, "A Step Back in Time," because I wish I could do that with her and start fresh over some things.
These hole protectors are also included and they are made by Tim Holtz.  I was a bit stumped on what to do with them at first and then I got this idea to punch random holes lol.


These wings are chippies made by Dusty Attic!! I have a little trick to fluff them up to make them look more like feathers.  I am hoping to get a video put together to show how to do this. 
That's it for my reveal this time.  I hope to get a couple more done through-out the rest of the month, because I still have more goodies!!

Thanks for stopping by and God Bless!!

13 comments:

  1. Mandy, your layouts are always so beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy, these layouts of your daughter are gorgeous!!!!! This kit of Timepiece along with Tim Holtz ideaology and Graphic 45 metal flowers are the perfect combinations!!!!!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mandy you totally rocked this kit! I LOVE the one of Raine in the window. You know I love to cut out photos! Perfect photo for that paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You never cease to amaze me, Mandy! Holy crow, but these are all dazzling and fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOu never dissappoiont me. Another fabulous reveal from you! I love every page!! Raine's photos are so perfect for this kit. So glad you scrapped them. Your photos are also gorgeous. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Lovely LO's!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Mandy, you rocked this kit! Fabulous and beautiful layouts! I love them all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh - you both are so beautiful! You could easily fit in my country with that hair. I´m so jelous of the "twirls". The layouts are fantastic. Such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wooooooow!! STUNNING layouts!! all of them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mandy, I admire your work so much!!! Looking at all your close-ups I really enjoy seeing all the detail and talent, awesome work my friend!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of your layouts with the kit are just gorgeous, but your work always is! Love all your beautiful details and striking layers! You really had some major mojo going on with this kit!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails