Friday, October 15, 2010

October Scraps of Darkness Reveal!!

It's that time!! This was a much anticipated kit and Scraps of Darkness did not let us down. This month SOD offered an awesome embellishment addon that featured some gorgoues flowers and embellies. Plus this is the first month for SOD's project kit and it's so dang cute!! Here are some of the things I worked on this month and I'm not done yet. I plan to do even more layouts with this awesome kit!! To start off here is the newest Sketch made to go along with the October kit.
I decided to mix the papers from the main kit and the project kit to complete my take on the sketch. I LOVE these papers and HAD to make at least one layout with them. This is Brooklyn dressed up as Alice from the G45 papers.
This layout I made with the main kit that featured some paper from My Minds Eye Halloween line. Gorgeous natural colored papers. I added the Dusty Attic to this and also used a sketch from a fellow DT over at Dusty Attic. There is a sketch contest going on right now and the sketch is one of the most beautiful I've ever seen. The title is a play on words because she is supposed to look like a mourner from the old days. A bit spooky isn't it lol.
I love this photo of Brooky. Her hair and skin are such a gorgeous contrast. I added the Dusty Attic fence and scroll to this as well.
Here is the project kit for October. It's called "Alice's House" and the house and mini album are made from Maya Road. This kit also comes with a cute pack of embellies and the gorgeous papers from G45, Halloween in Wonderland.
Tip: This adorable little house is the perfect size for holding a square tissue box that you can dispence from the chimney.
Here is the mini album that comes with the Maya Road house. It is a 6 page mini album that is really easy to work with.
Tip: When working covering chipboard with paper, it's best to have a small exact-o knife for close cutting next to the chippie. Then take a small file or sand paper to smooth down the edges. I then go over them with ink.

Thanks for stopping by and God Bless!!

8 comments:

  1. holy crow! Mandy, all these projects are amazing! Your little witch is adorable and the Beautiful Mourning layout is so spooky cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Mandy, you rocked this kit!!! Thank you for the beautiful work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy moly mandy, your los and the kit are just amazing, i love that paper and love what you did with it, gorgeous stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is just amazing!! You rock in my world!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm "just visiting"..came across this blog quite by accident, but this is just AWESOME creative ART...i adore your style and these "steam punk' style LO's...thanks so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girlfriend, you are so on the money!!! Absolutely outstanding!!! I am just in awe. Gorgeous work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mandy- these are SOOOO amazing! They look like they took so long to get so perfect! I love the mysterious darkness of the pp and colors. So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOve your sketch Mandy,this is what I did with it http://luzmasscraplace.blogspot.com/2010/10/we-are-pals.html
    Thanks for the inspiration!
    Luzma

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails