Monday, December 21, 2009

Day 12 of 12 Days of Distressing - Photo Distressing

Day 12 Photo Distressing - This is it! The last day is here and my newest and my most favorite distressing technique is the subject for today. I love distressing photos and even though it isn't practical for most layouts, it's sure fun to do when you get the chance.
First off when distressing a photo I 100% recommend using matte photo paper. Using matte paper is like using regular paper and you can write on it with anything without it smearing. On my 'She' layout I placed the photo before distressing it, so I could blend it in with the existing layout. I placed it down and used an exacto knife using the shredding technique.
This photo I distressed before placing it on the layout. First off I took it to the laundry room and took out my bleach. My bottle of bleach has these dried up bleach crystals that tend to accumulate around the lid. I took a few little crystals and rubbed them around the corner of the photo. It just rubbed the photo raw and white. After that I cleaned off the bleach and took some rust colored alcohol ink and dropped it on the corners and went around the entire photo. I really think the photo is the best part of this layout.

So again I 100% recommend using a matte photo!! Otherwise you may not be happy with the results or you may even find that the product you are using doesn't work with glossy photo paper. Let me know if you have any questions in the comment area and I will be happy to respond there as well.

3 comments:

  1. Great idea on the bleach. And you did a great job on your 12 days of Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never think to use bleach. I like most of my photos on matte paper. Thanks for all 12 days of tips..really enjoyed them and hope to use them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You rocked the 12 days...this will be an awesome resource!!! Thanks for being such a great teacher

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails