Monday, August 3, 2009

A Walk Back In Time

I love things like Lord of the Rings, Narnia, Kings, Princesses, Knights, etc. I wanted to try and do a couple of layouts that had that same feel as well, so I put these two together.

This first one is of my niece and it's my favorite of the two. I actually made this one 2nd and put in everything I wished I did in the first. I do that a lot if you haven't noticed. I tend to get ideas after the fact lol. So anyway the scroll was made from manilla tagboard that measured 9x12 that I cut down on the sides to give it a curved look. Then I tore from the edges and used liquid chalk to give the burned look. I inked all over it and curled the ends. The letters are from Maya Road and I used Tim Holtz silver metallic alcohol ink on them so they look like metal. I just love that stuff. The flower buds can be found in my tutorial for folded circle flowers and there is a link to the right -----------> Here is my daughter Raine who is now 15, but she was around 10 in this photo. This photo really fits the theme of the layout. I used Tim Holtz grungeboard and inked it up with metallic alcohol inks. I did the pearls by hand after drawing a line in pencil and following it with my liquid pearls. The hidden journaling tag reads something along the lines of I am waiting for you to realize you do not have all the answers.

2 comments:

  1. Both pages are absolutely gorgeous! I am a fan of all things Fantasy/Medieval too. I adore your folded circle flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautigul photos Mandy! I aslo love the days of Kings, Queen and knights!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails