Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Butterfly Tutorial

Ok this is how you make an alcohol ink covered acrylic butterfly or what I like to call the "really messy looking butterfly that actually looks pretty cool on your layout". This is a super quick and easy 3 step process.

Here is what you need!! Spray can of air, an acrylic shaped butterfly (or any acrylic item you want to do this with), your choice of alcohol inks in various colors, your choice of stickles, and a small paint brush.

Step 1: Take your alcohol ink and spread drops of each color all over your item.
Step 2: Use your can of air and blow the ink all around. If you see a spot that needs more alcohol ink then just apply as needed.


Step 3: Apply stickles to the ends of the wings with your paint brush. This is for that extra something your butterfly needs.

Finished Example: Here is a finished example of a previous butterfly I made. I used a flourish stamp for the trail and I used a slick marker for the antenna since it was on the corner of a photo.

4 comments:

  1. oooh neat... I'm going to have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! thanks for sharing. I am going to have to try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing how to this! I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails